For more than 60 years, the award-winning Ridglea Hills Elementary School has built its strong reputation by providing students in west Fort Worth with an enriching education in a safe, caring environment. Home to nearly 800 students from pre-K through fifth grade, Ridglea Hills employs a dedicated group of administrators, teachers and staff members. In addition, an active PTA has helped provide “horsepower” for two decades
Eligibility for Pre-K in FWISD
To be eligible for FWISD Pre-K for the 2019-20 school year, students must:
1. Be four years old by Sept. 1, 2019, but not be five years old by Sept. 1, 2019.
2. Reside within the FWISD boundaries.
· Qualifying students are students who qualify for Pre-K based on language, speech or low socioeconomic status.
· Qualifying students are given priority over universal Pre-K students. This is the order in which students are placed in available Pre-K spaces:
1. Qualifying students residing in the RHE attendance zone
2. Qualifying students residing within FWISD but outside of the RHE attendance zone
3. Qualifying children of district employees
4. Eligible children who live within the RHE attendance zone/eligible children of district employees
5. Eligible children who live outside of the RHE attendance zone and would like to transfer
6. Your position, determined by your online registration will fall into the categories of order above.
· If you are number one in position but are not a qualifying student living in the RHE attendance zone, then you would be the first student to be given a space once all qualifying students are placed.
· If you are number 46 in your online placement but are a qualifying student then all qualifying students who received a number higher than 46 would be placed first but not anyone in a category below your category, even if someone in a lower category has a number higher than 46.
Additional Pre-K Information
· Pre-K at RHE will be on the Traditional School Calendar with RHE.
· Pre-K students are expected to follow the FWISD Attendance Policy.
· The school day is from 7:50 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
· Currently, the YMCA Aftercare Program at RHE does not accommodate Pre-K students, but the program is considering becoming certified for Pre-K students, if there is enough interest.
· There is no transportation provided by FWISD for Pre-K students.